You don’t usually think of the music industry as an oasis of wellness. Meet Kathryn Frazier, the legendary self-made woman who founded and runs Biz3, an LA-based PR company for Indie rock stars like Daft Punk, Skrillex, J. Cole, and Lauryn Hill. Today Frazier and her company stand out in a stressed profession by focusing on self-care and inner growth for clients and employees alike.
From the beginning Frazier wanted to help but didn’t know how. “I’m with 25 year-olds who are making 50 million a year or more, and most of them are so unhappy, suffering from anxiety, depression, and addiction like crazy,” she says.
The turning point came when she started on her own journey of self-care, and along the way she learned the Transcendental Meditation technique. “It changed everything,” Frazier says.
Now a life coach, she recommends the TM technique to her clients and employees along with other wellness benefits. In an electrifying talk to students at Maharishi University of Management, Kathryn Frazier shares how to thrive fully in your job and home life too.
A few highlights:
- Whatever you do, go in with the spirit of an entrepreneur.
- Be brave.
- Follow your gut.
- Envision it, take the chance, make it happen.
- Be resourceful and figure out how to actualize your vision yourself.
- Become an intern. All great companies are built on interns.
- Whatever you do, keep the human connection or you won’t be happy.
- Keep your same friends. Make new friends. When times get tough, you’ll have a support system.
- If you’re not doing the self-care, it’s all going to fall apart. By the time you’re done, you should have a huge toolbox of self-care.
- Share what you know and change someone’s life. An 18-year-old intern changed my life because he said, “You seem kind of stressed out. Have you ever heard of TM?”